|Mmm, Beer Nog!|
(Photo Courtesy of http://draftmag.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Noggin-239x300.png)
- 4 ounces strong ale*
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/2 ounces Bourbon or dark rum
- 2 dashes ground nutmeg or mace
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- serving glasses 
- Separate the eggs. Beat the sugar into the yolks until smooth.
- Stir the milk and cream into the yolk mixture. Add 1 dash of spice and the whiskey or rum. (Some recipes call for as much as 4 ounces of liquor; here, a bit of warmth is welcome, but too much can overwhelm the beer's flavor.)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the nog mixture.
- Pour the beer into the serving glasses  and add the nog mixture. Optional: Reserve some of the cream, whip and add a dollop to each glass. Spring 1 dash of spice on top and serve.
* barleywine, Belgian strong, Christmas beer, or otherwise
I plan on mixing up my own batch of Beer Nog this holiday season -- how about you? Looking forward to raising my glass - Prost!
 In his post on ThirstyPilgrim.com, Joe says that the DRAFT Magazine article said "snifter" rather than "serving glasses" so I made the correction here.